We hope you enjoy this giveaway as much as we do. We want to see all the places South Coast Almanac is traveling this summer — near and far! To win the 2017 edition of South Coast Almanac, all you have to do is visit our Facebook page and post photos and captions which show South Coast Almanac in fun and interesting places! Giveaway ends at 10 a.m. on August 15, 2016.
OFFICIAL RULES, NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter online, go to https://www.facebook.com/southcoastalmanac/ and follow instructions to submit your photo. We are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete entries not received for any reason. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, Entrant warrants that his or her entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium or (3) has not won an award.
- JUDGING: All entries will be judged by our summer interns, based on the following criteria: Originality (25%); Creativity (25%); Use of language (25%); and Appropriateness to contest theme (25%). In the event of a tie, an additional “tie-breaker” judge will determine the Winner from among all such tied entries using the judging criteria above. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Winner will be notified on the social media platform they entered.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 19 years or older at time of entry (“Entrant(s)”).Void where prohibited by law. SCA staff and members of their household are not eligible to enter.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: One or more Winners will receive the 2017 edition of South Coast Almanac. Approximate Retail Value: $9.95. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind. Limit one prize per person or household.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except SCA reserves the right to substitute prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate SCA to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of SCA, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any Facebook or Instagram comment and other materials submitted as part of Entrant’s Contest entry are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such Facebook and Instagram comments and other materials. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to SCA a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted photo(s), captions, etc. along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Winner, as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth above within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the Facebook and Instagram comments and other materials submitted are original and have never been published and entry has never won an award. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for SCA to use Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, Facebook and Instagram comments, and other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold SCA harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. SCA, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which SCA deems likely to subject SCA, entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon SCA in any way. If such information is discovered by SCA after a winner has received notice of his prize and before the prize is awarded, SCA may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, SCA may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of SCA are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. SCA is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
- INTERNET: SCA is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by SCA on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, SCA reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. SCA reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, SCA reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
- GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without recourse to class action suits.
- SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is South Coast Almanac, PO Box 987, Onset, MA 02558.